Monday, May 2, 2011

Top five perks of PT

After 1 week of Physical Therapy for tendinitis in my left hip and a strain in my right calf, I have compiled my list of the top five perks of PT (in order of their perkiness):

1. Massages that make me want to cry
2. Stretches that make me want to cry
3. Lunges that make me want to cry
4. Fun new slang (like "ice and stim")
5. Pretty hot pink tape jobs

(Super sadly, they ran out of the hot pink tonight and my fancy tape job therapist John didn't work with me sooooo, you'll have to use your imagination. Boo)


















And, of course, the main perk: being able to run again.  soon. 
This is my "I'm going to run again soon" smile.














I plan on giving a full rundown of the PT experience after a few more weeks go by.  So far I am very happy with some of the immediate results (although I am making my bank account want to cry : ) but I think it is hard, at least for me, to know when to PT it... and when not to.  The hip alone could not get me to call, but the calf strain threw me over the edge.  Mainly the fear the calf strain brought on of not being able to run the marathon in 8 weeks.  8 weeks!!  C'mon PT, c'mon calf!!

No comments:

Post a Comment