Thursday, May 5, 2011

Not gentle enough -- a setback

Evidently my "gentle plan" for the week was not gentle enough for my physical therapist.  To quote him, "I hate working with runners, they never listen to you. They always just run anyway". Well!  I'll forgive him this once. Just because I got my fancy pink tape job back...









I'm under direction not to run till Sunday which sets me back quite a bit.  The gentle plan also fell to pieces yesterday when I set my alarm for 5pm instead of 5am and missed spinning, which preceded a rainy evening and no walk for Buddy. Big sigh.  Will I prevail?  I threw the word "half" around in my head today.  I've almost done it before but stopped myself at "ha".  I told myself if I didn't get some good runs in this week that I was pushing it to keep aiming for the full marathon.  I haven't given up yet; but ha has definitely turned to half... and I need to prepare myself mentally for the possibility.  Here I am preparing myself:









Not good enough.  Preparing more:









Also, for those who noticed (aka are watching me : ), the Garmin was on super sale. And how's a girl supposed to know if she slowed down because she hit a hill from miles 5.8 to 7.3 or if she's really just that slow? 
The tortoise wins the race.
Think the elites would ever stop for a nap?  Me either.

1 comment: