Monday, July 25, 2011

Next Half Marathon - Here We Go!

Just got back from a long swim workout at the gym in anticipation of...
Where's Karen?

And I got my official splits from Try the Tri last week:

Swim -  13:05
T1     -  03:50  (slowest transition of the night : (
Bike  -  39:02
T2     -  00:27  (fastest transition of the night! cause I didn't have to change shoes)
Run   -  21:28 

My next attempt will probably be next Wednesday.

So my 11 week training for the Smuttynose Half Marathon on October 2nd started last week.  This training plan is much more flexible than last time.  It also involves a lot of cross training.   The weekly "running" mileage in general will be lower but the long runs will still be long and I expect the cross training to help a lot... especially in avoiding injuries. 

Last week's tracking:






Looking at all those activities makes me happy.  I enjoyed every one of them, even the hard ones.  Yay for running on the road!  And yay for some off road variety!

And now... I must... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment