Friday, July 8, 2011

Harvard Pilgrim 10k Report

I loved the Harvard Pilgrim 10k.  The course was pretty, fun, and mostly flat.  I even saw a homeowner out in his front yard spraying down racers with a hose.
I found a happy pace and kept it for the most part (it crept up a tiny bit a couple times) until mile 5.  Then I tried to push it.  I brought my pace back down and the extra exertion made for some pretty hilarious facial expressions at the finish...
I look like a crazed maniac... FINISH....LINE....FINISH...LINE....out...of...my...way....

My total time was 1:08 and my garmin (as has been the trend with all my races lately) says I went a little bit farther than 6.2 for an average pace of 10:53 min/miles.  

I'm definitely running this one again.  Hopefully it will be an unusually cool 4th of July next year although I didn't really mind the heat too too much this year.  Speaking of hotness, the Huzz beat the heat by stripping at the end of the race... but managed to make sure his bib number was visible to all the cameras!  such a smart boy.
Wait a minute... are those sexy cheerleaders he just passed?  Was it reeeaaally necessary to take off that shirt? : )

And I'll leave you with my favorite pic (cause I'm not so not conceited as Gwen might think!). 





1 comment:

  1. Yay Karen! Congrats for completing the challenge with a great time...and snaps for lookin good while doing it!

    ReplyDelete