Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Getting Big

I have been getting very very big these past two days.  Not to be confused with getting big in a bad way, getting big in a good way is working out (thank you to my friends who lift weights for confusing new slang!)

I got big yesterday by setting a new PR for a 5k in 29:30!! oh yeah.  The Yankee Homecoming Road Race in Newburyport was a fun course through downtown with tons of cheerer-on-ers and tons of hoses spraying out into the streets (plus free pizza afterwards, just a little slice, but I will run you every year now YH)

I was worried for a bit in the beginning about my pace because it's sooo crowded that I couldn't get around people for a good quarter mile.  I made up for this as the crowd thinned by running a sub-9:00 minute mile split.  yikes!  I kept this up for the second mile with a 9:10 minute mile split.  yikes again!  Then I hit the hills... confidence dropped... pace dropped... would I be able to set a PR??? (I spoiled this story by giving away the fabulous ending already but oh well...)

that's PR in sign language baby (sister Gwen also set a new PR!):































I look like I'm in white picket fence land but it's Gwen's back porch; she's suburban like that.

I got big today by running 5 miles (3 miles of speed work) at morning track where my splits were all 9 min/mile or sub 9 min/mile.
Then I followed that up with Try the Tri, take two, later in the evening.  Official times to come but I did either the same or slightly better on all the activities than my first trying of the tri.

Number 10 is soooo big now.  She might not fit in her bed.  Good thing she's tired enough to fall asleep just about anywhere!


















For those of you who don't have a sister to exercise with, I highly suggest you get one.  They are invaluable.  The ones with flashy wet suits are even more highly coveted... like mine... good 'ole number 11 : )

1 comment:

  1. awwww. such a cute lil sis. i like exercising with you too!! (and you were right...you were #10 last time too. my bad)

    ReplyDelete